- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills applicable to the challenges of contemporary urban development and design
- Collaborate responsibly, to reflect on their own contributions to teamwork, and on the team’s processes and ability to achieve outcomes.
- Prepare design proposals and written documents that are clear, coherent and concise, and use media appropriate to audience, purpose and context.
- Identify, analyse and master complex issues in urban development and design, and generate robust, innovative design guidelines and proposals based on evidence and research.
- Locate, select, and synthesise knowledge of the theory and practice of urban development and design, and apply this knowledge to the challenge of city-making in Australian and international contexts.
- Synthesize and communicate advanced principles of urban development and design clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Identify and assess ethical, environmental, cultural and sustainability considerations in urban development and design practice.
- Demonstrate personal accountability, cultural awareness, a respect for diversity, and environmental and social responsibility in their practice of urban development and design.